Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad Univesity, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (At)
email: bestoon82 (At)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- Jan 24,
2019Our paper, ” AMOGA: A Static-Dynamic Model Generation Strategy for Mobile Apps Testing“, accepted for publication IEEE Access, Impact Factor = 3.557.
- Jan 2, 2019, Our paper “Aspects of Quality in the Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions: A Systematic Mapping Study” accepted for publication, IEEE Access, Impact Factor = 3.557. Download
- Dec 1, 2018, Our paper “Prioritized Process Test: An Alternative to Current Process Testing Strategies” accepted for publication, Int’l Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Impact factor = 0.397.
- Oct 19, 2018, Our paper “Testing of Smart TV Applications: Key Ingredients, Challenges and Proposed Solutions“, accepted for publication, FTC2018 conference, Springer.
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization