Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad Univesity, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (“At”)
email: bestoon82 (“At”)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- September 11, 2019, Our paper, “Generation and Application of Constrained Interaction Test Suites Using Base Forbidden Tuples with a Mixed Neighborhood Tabu Search” Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering. Impact Factor = 0.6 Download
- July 20, 2019, Our new approach of combinatorial interaction testing has been published in IET Software Journal. The paper titled “Code-Aware Combinatorial Interaction Testing“, and it can be downloaded here.
- June 17, 2019, Our paper, “Employment of Multiple Algorithms for Optimal Path-based Test Selection Strategy“, Accepted for publication in Information and Software Technology Journal, Impact factor= 2.62. Download
- March 14, 2019, Our Paper, “EvoCreeper: Automated Black-Box Model Generation for Smart TV Applications” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization