Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Docent)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad University, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (” At “)
email: bestoon82 (“At “)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- December 1, 2020, our paper “Software Module Clustering: An In-Depth Literature Analysis” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Impact Factor = 6.1
- November 23, 2020, our paper “Quality and Reliability Metrics for IoT Systems: A Consolidated View” Accepted in the 5th EAI International Conference on IoT in Urban Space (EAI Urb-IoT 2020).
- April 3, 2020, Our paper, “Testing the Usability and Accessibility of Smart TV Applications Using an Automated Model-based Approach” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Impact Factor = 2.083 Download
- February 9, 2020, Our paper “An Evaluation of Monte Carlo-Based Hyper-Heuristic for Interaction Testing of Industrial Embedded Software Applications” Accepted in Soft Computing Journal, Springer, Impact Factor = 2.784. Download
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization