Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Docent)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad University, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (” At “)
email: bestoon82 (“At “)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- April 3, 2020, Our paper, “Testing the Usability and Accessibility of Smart TV Applications Using an Automated Model-based Approach” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Impact Factor = 2.083 Download
- February 9, 2020, Our paper “An Evaluation of Monte Carlo-Based Hyper-Heuristic for Interaction Testing of Industrial Embedded Software Applications” Accepted in Soft Computing Journal, Springer, Impact Factor = 2.784. Download
- January 27, 2020, Our paper, “An Automated Testing Framework For Smart TV apps Based on Model Separation” has been accepted in the INTUITESTBEDS2020 Workshop, colocated with IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST2020). Download
- January 26, 2020, Our paper, “Avocado: Open-Source Flexible Constrained Interaction Testing for Practical Application”, has been accepted in the (IWCT2020) workshop, colocated with IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST2020). Download
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization