Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad Univesity, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (At)
email: bestoon82 (At)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- March 14, 2019, Our Paper, “EvoCreeper: Automated Black-Box Model Generation for Smart TV Applications” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.
- March 1, 2019, Our paper, “Towards an Automated Unified Framework to Run Applications for Combinatorial Interaction Testing,” Accepted for publication in The 23rd Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE2019) conference, ACM, Copenhagen, Denmark. Download
- Jan 24,
2019Our paper, ” AMOGA: A Static-Dynamic Model Generation Strategy for Mobile Apps Testing“, accepted for publication IEEE Access, Impact Factor = 3.557.
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization