Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague
Karlovo náměstí 13, 121 35 Praha 2
email: albeybes (At) fel (Dot) cvut (Dot) cz
email: bestoon82(At) gmail (Dot) com
Phone: +420-224 355 752
My research activities span over the following directions:
- Search-based Software Engineering (SBSE): Combinatorial interaction testing, Application of SBSE
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud Computing, Mobile App development.
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization and its applications
PostDoc. in Search-based Software Engineering
(IDSIA) Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale
USI – Università della Svizzera italiana, 6928 Manno-Lugano, Switzerland
Ph.D. in Software Engineering
University Sains Malaysia (USM), Malaysia
Thesis title:” Adopting a Particle Swarm-Based Test Generator Strategy for Variable-Strength and T-Way Testing”.
M.Sc. in computer engineering
University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia
Thesis title: “Benchmarking Framework for Performance Enhancement in Load Balancing Single System Image”.
B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Salahaddin University – Hawler (SUH), Kurdistan region
Dissertation title: “Using state machine theory for gate control”
Awards and Fellowships
- 2015-2016 Postdoctoral Scholarship, Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for Young Researchers, Switzerland.
- 2007-2009 UPM International Fellowship granted by Malaysian Government for supporting young researchers
- 2009-2012 USM International Doctoral Fellowship (IDF) granted by Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia (MOHE)
- 2016-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Karlovo náměstí 13, 121 35 Praha 2, Czech Republic.
- 2015-2016: Postdoctoral researcher in applied soft computing and Search-based Software Engineering, (IDSIA) Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana, 6928 Manno-Lugano, Switzerland
- 2012-2015: Lecturer in the Department of software engineering Salahaddin University Hawler (SUH), Erbil, Kurdistan: Teaching “Software Engineering” subject.
- 2012-2015: Lecturer in Computer Engineering and IT departments, Ishik University, Erbil, Kurdistan: Teaching “Software Engineering”, “Mobile Application Programming”, and “Cloud Computing” subjects.
- 2012-2014: Director of IT center in Engineering College, Salahaddin University-Hawler (SUH)
- 2009-2011: Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), University Sains Malaysia (USM). Main responsibilities: working as a research assistant with the software engineering group.
- 2009-2011: Graduate Research Fellowship, University Sains Malaysia (USM), Malaysia: Main responsibility: teaching software engineering course for undergraduate honors.
- 2007-2009: Graduate Research Fellowship, University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia: Main responsibilities: teaching computer networks subject in practice for undergraduate honors.
- 2006-2007: Engineer, in Ministry of telecommunication–Kurdistan Regional Government.
- 2005-2006: Computer administrator engineer, Arche nova Dresden/Germany- Kurdistan branch.