Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Docent)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad University, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (” At “)
email: bestoon82 (“At “)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- Our paper “Using Deep Reinforcement Learning for Zero Defect Smart Forging” is accepted in the 10th Swedish Production Symposium 2022 (SPS2022).
- Special Issue on “Soft Computing for Engineering of Data-driven and AI-enabled Software Systems”, in Applied Soft Computing Journal, Submit your paper here
- New PhD Position in “Computer Science, Quality Assurance for Data Science and Machine Learning” application now is open here . Last application date 30.Oct.2021 11:59 PM CEST.
- February 4, 2021, our paper “PatrIoT: IoT Automated Interoperability and Integration Testing Framework” has been accepted for publication in the International Conference of Software Testing (ICST2021).
- December 1, 2020, our paper “Software Module Clustering: An In-Depth Literature Analysis” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Impact Factor = 6.1
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality assurance of machine learning and data-driven systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Engineering AI systems: Software Engineering for AI.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization and its applications