Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Docent)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad University, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (” At “)
email: bestoon82 (“At “)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- 12 August 2022, our paper “A Drift Handling Approach for Self-Adaptive ML Software in Scalable Industrial Processes” has been accepted in The 37th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE2022).
- 8 August 2022, our paper “Testing of Machine Learning Models with Limited Samples: An Industrial Vacuum Pumping Application” has been accepted in ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE).
- 1 August 2022, our paper “Novel Strategy Generating Variable-length State Machine Test Paths” has been accepted in the International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering.
- 28 July 2022, our paper “IoT Anomaly Detection Methods and Applications: A Survey” has been accepted in the Internet of Things; Engineering Cyber Physical Human Systems journal.
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality assurance of machine learning and data-driven systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, and Smart TV app testing.
- Engineering AI systems: Software Engineering for AI, SE4AI.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization, and its applications