Bestoun S. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Docent)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Health, Science and Technology
Karlstad University, Sweden
Room: 21D 413
email: bestoun (” At “)
email: bestoon82 (“At “)
Phone: +46-54 700 1861
Research Gate Profile
- 27 April 2022, our paper “Selected Code-quality Characteristics and Metrics for Internet of Things Systems”, has been accepted in IEEE Access Journal.
- 23 March 2022, our paper “From Concept Drift to Model Degradation: An Overview on Performance-Aware Drift Detectors” has been accepted for publication in the Knowledge-Based Systems Journal.
- 23 March 2022, our paper “Overview of Test Coverage Criteria for Test Case Generation from Finite State Machines Modelled as Directed Graphs” has been accepted for publication in the International Workshop on User Interface Test Automation and Testing Techniques for Event Based Software (INTUITESTBEDS 2022) colocated with ICST2022.
- 23 March 2022, our paper “Prioritized Variable-length Test Cases Generation for Finite State Machines” has been accepted for publication in the 6th International Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS2022) colocated with ICST2022.
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality assurance of machine learning and data-driven systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, and Smart TV app testing.
- Engineering AI systems: Software Engineering for AI.
- Test Generation algorithms: Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, Combinatorial Optimization, and its applications